TINY GPS TRACKING
TINY / MINI GPS UNIT: SIZE IDEAL FOR TRACKING:
$0 ZERO MONTHLY FEE!!!
YOU ONLY PAY YOUR LOCAL GSM NETWORK SMS (SHORT MESSAGES) FEE
AS LOW AS 1.5CENTS PER SMS
WHEN YOU REQUEST THE GPS UNIT TO
REPORT ITS INFORMATION (location, traveling speed, traveling direction, current date and time) VIA SMS ON GSM CELLULAR NETWORK.
ALL TRACKING INFORMATION WILL BE SUMMED UP WITHIN ONE SMS MESSAGE, TO SAVE YOU MONEY
SMS FEE DEPENDS ON YOUR LOCAL CELLULAR NETWORK.
IN MANY COUNTRIES, YOU PAY SMS FEE AS YOU GO, WITH NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION.
CINGULAR(in the USA) CHARGES AS LOW AS 1.5cents per SMS
WORKS IN ANY COUNTRY/CONTINENT
(EUROPE, AMERICAS, AUSTRALIA, ASIA, AFRICA)
ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH GSM NETWORK.
SO SMALL YOU CAN EVEN PUT IT IN YOUR BACKPACK/PURSE AND LET YOUR BUDDY TRACK YOU WHEREVER YOU GO! IF YOU ARE AN FBI AGENT AND YOU WANT YOUR BUDDY TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION, THIS TINY DEVICE IS IDEAL.
NO NEED PHYSICAL ACCESS TO THE GPS UNIT INSIDE THE CAR/PURSE TO CHANGE ITS SETUP.
YOU CAN REMOTELY SEND INSTRUCTIONS TO CHANGE THE SETUP FOR THE GPS UNIT.
COMES WITH BLUETOOTH FEATURE - WHEN CONNECTED TO OPTIONAL CABLE, THIS GPS UNIT ENABLES WIRELESS BLUETOOTH NAVIGATION
Picture 1: What you see above in picture one is what you get.
THE GPS UNIT COMES WITH A BUILT IN DETACHABLE LITHIUM BATTERY
(BATTERY CAN LAST 15 TO 20 HOURS WHEN FULLY CHARGED).
Offered here is ONE (1) new CAR GPS tracker. It also contains a GPS navigational function and will work as a navigator if you purchase the optional
Wireless Bluetoothdata cable and wirelessly connects the GPS unit to your Bluetooth equipped notebook computer or PDA/GPS . This GPS tracking unit will work in any type of moving device/vehicle such as car, van, truck, trailer, boat and motorbike. It will work in any country with GSM cellular network. You only pay the SMS (short messages) fee each time you request the GPS unit to report to you via SMS.
What can this GPS unit do? Basically, it can provide two major functions (both functions can be used simultaneously):
FUNCTION #1: AS A TRACKING DEVICE FOR HUMAN OR DOG OR VEHICLE
For this unit to work, you need to have at least two mobile phone SIM cards based on GSM network, for example Cingular networkin the USA.
CDMA will not work.
Some people would like to use three SIM cards. SIM card#1 is the master. SIM Card#2 is the tracker. SIM Card #3 is the slave. You don??t need SIM card#2 if you intend to use SIM card#1 as both master and tracker.
Before you start, you must first make sure that your SIM card meets the following criteria:
- Your master/tracking/slave SIM card are SMS enabled, meaning it can send and receive SMS or short messages from other SIM card. If you are not sure, then please check with your cellphone network operator/provider whether your SIM card is SMS enabled or not.
- Your slave SIM card should not be locked by a PIN (personal identification number) number. This is important, otherwise, when the slave SIM card is inserted into the GPS unit, the GPS unit is unable to access the slave SIM card since it is locked by a PIN.
- You should turn off the slave SIM card call forwarding function. This is critical because if the call forwarding function is on, the GPS unit will not be able to know if someone called the slave SIM card or not, since the phone call will be auto forwarded to another station, not the GPS unit.
With a slave SIM card inside the GPS unit,
1. The GPS unit can inform the tracker its information which includes: location, its traveling speed, its traveling direction, its current date and time. User can request the GPS unit's information by sending SMS code (short messages) to the GPS unit, or simply make a phone call to the SIM card inside the GPS unit.
When the GPS unit sends its information via SMS (short messages) to your mobile phone that contains the tracker SIM card, the SMS will contain a bunch of numbers. You need to enter the numbers into a GPS software in order to see your GPS unit's location. We do not provide the software, but you can download GOOGLE EARTHfor free at http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html.
Assuming my GPS unit sends me the coordinates that my vehicle is traveling on the Golden Gate Bridge. I enter the coordinates (37.825113N, 122.479235W) into Google Earth and it will pinpoint to you the GPS unit current location. In this example, its location is the black sedan on the Golden Gate Bridge (California). Sooner or later, you will approximately know where the unit's location is simply by looking at the numbers without using Google Earth.
You can zoom in and get:
This is what I normally do when I use this GPS tracking function. I typically send an SMS code to my slave SIM card (or GPS unit) only once. Basically, I ask it to report to me the GPS unit current location only once. After that, whenever I want to know its current location, I just give the slave SIM card# a call, and the GPS unit will automatically repeat my previous tracking instruction, which is to send its coordinates to my tracker SIM card. This method saves me tons of money, especially when I am traveling. For example, my car is parked near San Francisco airport . I am traveling in Toronto, Canada. I call my slave SIM card in my car and hear a busy tone . This means I don??t have to pay any phone fee since the "GPS phone" is busy, but my GPS unit already receive my instruction, i.e. to repeat my last sent instruction and send me an SMS with its current location/coordinates/traveling speed and direction!
I can also request the GPS unit to report its location/speed/time/direction for a fix number of times over a fix time interval between each report. If I want to stop its reporting, I can send a stop SMS code to the GPS unit.
2. The GPS unit can inform the user when his vehicle moves from its locked position. This is useful if you park in a forbidden area and you are worried your car will be towed away while you grab some grocery from a convenient store! I use this code regularly just to make sure that my kid does not drive my car without my permission while I am sleeping, or when I want the GPS unit to alert me when my wife has left her office parking lot and is on her way home. The GPS unit will notify me by phone call (don't pick up the phone if the caller ID shows the slave SIM card phone number and you don't have to pay any fee both ways) and SMS (your cellphone operator will charge you depending on their SMS rate).
3. The GPS unit allows you to set a boundary for the GPS unit such that when the GPS unit or your car moves outside your predetermined boundary, it will inform you via phone call and SMS. It will report its current coordinates and the fact that it has moved outside your predetermined boundary. Again, the GPS unit will notify me by phone call (don't pick up the phone if the caller ID shows the slave SIM card phone number and you don't have to pay any fee both ways) and SMS (your cellphone operator will charge you depending on their SMS rate).
Let??s take the Colorado State as an example. You are a car rental agent in the state of Colorado, and you don??t want your customer to drive your car outside the state of Colorado. So you can set a boundary as such. The moment your car gets out of this square boundary, the GPS unit will alert you.
Your smart kid goes to school at Harvard University in Massachusetts and you want to make sure if his car ever leave Harvard, that you are fully alerted. So go to Google Earth again to obtain the coordinates, and then you send an SMS code to your GPS unit to set the boundary.
4. The GPS unit can allow the user to remotely change the monitoring / master phone number and password via SMS. Physical access to the GPS unit is not required.
5. The GPS unit can inform the user if the built-in battery is running low. This is highly unlikely, unless your car has been stationary for many weeks, or you have not connected the GPS unit's power cable to the car battery properly, hence the GPS built battery never stays charged by the car battery.
6. User can remotely set a speed limit for the car. If the car exceeds a certain speed limit, the GPS unit will send an SMS warning message to the monitoring / master phone number.
The following are built-in features that requires optional accessories:
6a. You park your car at a cinema and someone steals your car while you are watching a movie. In the event of car theft, you can remotely send an SMS code to the GPS unit to turn off electrical supply from the car battery to the car engine. If the car happens to be moving, it will slowly roll to a stop since no more power is supplied to the engine. For safety to the driver as well as nearby drivers, we do NOT advice users to use this feature while the car is moving. Buyer should use this feature only when the stolen car has come to a complete stop (user can know simply by checking the speed at which the car is moving). If it is stationary, then the car will not start since no power is going to the engine. For these functions to work, you need to purchase an optional tiny module (size is smaller than a matchbox). Click this icon /module .
6b. If you are driving your car and you face a life threatening situation and you are unable to conspicuously call the police for help, this GPS tracker has a "CALL FOR HELP" feature where you can step on a hidden button and the GPS unit will immediately send a "HELP!!!" report to your preprogrammed phone number. For these functions to work, you need to purchase an optional tiny module (size is smaller than a matchbox). Click this icon /module .
The following are built-in features that requires optional accessories:
FUNCTION #2: AS A NAVIGATIONAL DEVICE
Connect the GPS unit to your Bluetooth equipped notebook computer or GPS PDA via an optional Wireless Bluetoothdata cable (click on the cable icon to purchase) and you are able to use the GPS PDA unit as a navigational tool. This GPS unit will wirelessly transmit the following NMEA data via Bluetooth : GPRMC, GPGGA, GPGLL, GPGSA, GPZDA, GPVTG to your receiving PDA.
You can also connect to Google Earth simultaneously and watch where you are driving Live MODE as shown in the picture below!!!
For PDA users, your PDA must have a navigation software and your local GPS map (we do not provide this software) that supports Bluetooth and GPS industry standard NMEA data protocol. This GPS unit is compatible with these PDA: Nokia E61, E61i, E62, most Dopod PDA that has bluetooth functions, and many more from DELL or HP.
GPS unit comes with the following specification:
- GPS Unit working temperature: -20C to +55C (C = degree celcius)
- Physical dimensions: 75mm(W) x 110mm(L) x 18mm(H)
- External Antenna working temperature: -30C to +75C (C = degree celcius)
- Power line working temperature: ??85 C (C = degree celcius)
- Recommended external power supply rating: DC 9 to 15V and 1Amp. You can supply continuous power to this GPS unit with your car battery. If your car battery ever runs low, a built-in detachable lithium battery will automatically continue to power the GPS unit for 15 to 20 hours. When this back up lithium battery also runs low (with 1 hour of battery life left), it will continuously send Batt-Low signal to your mobile phone every 30 to 60 seconds. The GPS unit consumes minimal power (55mA max), so it will almost never drain your car battery to a point where you cannot restart your car. If the tiny built-in GPS battery can power the GPS unit for 15 to 20 hours, then you can imagine how many hundreds of hours (perhaps thousands) before this GPS unit can fully drain your huge car battery.
- GPS unit speed accuracy: ??0.2m/s
- Low power consumption: 55mA (max)
- Antenna comes with magnetic mount
- GPS accuracy: 3-5m
- Wireless Bluetooth Communication Baud rate: 9600bps. Please note that this data cable is not included in the package. It is optional . You do not need this cable if you only want to use the GPS unit as a vehicle tracking device and not as a navigational device. The GPS unit provides internationally recognized NMEA data to your navigational software.
External antenna comes with the following specification:
- Ultra High signal gain: 28 dB to 55 dB Gain (if you need a repeater to boost the GPS signal, then buy this by clicking on this icon )
- Power Protection Circuit
- External Antenna working temperature: -30C to +75C
- Power Input Sensor: Reverse polarity short circuit shutdown
- Over-Current Sensor: Thermal over-current shutdown
- Low noise: noise figure less than 1.8dB at f0
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms
- Weight: 71gram
- Power Input: 2.5V DC to 12V DC input
- Super strong polycarbonate radome
- Physical dimensions: 1.5??(W) x 1.76??(L) x .5??(H)
- Over 3 meter long double shielded coax cable .
- antennas manufactured under toughest UL-certified materials at ISO 9000/9001/9002 certified factories.
- Made of strong polycarbonate housing with die-cast steel base plate.